The Central Bank of Barbados was established in May 1972. The objectives of the bank are:
- Promote macroeconomic stability through sound economic analysis, monetary policy formulation and influence on national economic policies.
- Promote a stable financial system and contribute to the development of more efficient money, credit and capital markets.
- Provide efficient currency services and promote the enhancement of the efficiency of payment services.
- Develop an enhanced risk management framework, including business continuity planning.
- Improve operational efficiency through the use of cutting edge technology in a secure network environment.
- Transform and reengineer the Bank into a caring, team-oriented institution that is creative, emphasises analytical and critical thinking, adheres to its core values and achieves high levels of productivity.
- Further strengthen the processes for disseminating information within and outside of the Bank and work towards enhancing the Bank’s image.
- Enhance financial performance through proactive investment of resources and prudent spending.