FUNCTIONS OF THE BANK
What are the Functions of the Bank?
To carry out successfully its policy and to fulfill the objectives, the Central Bank performs the following functions:
- Regulates the issue, supply and availability of money
- Acts as banker to Government and commercial banks
- Advises Government on monetary and fiscal matters
- Manages the island’s foreign exchange reserves
- Provides accurate and timely statistical data to Government and to the Public
- Manages the Public Debt
- Supervises the operations of all financial institutions, especially the commercial banks.