||Central Bank Of Barbados
Created 13 Jan, 2023
The Central Bank of Barbados is seeking to fill a vacant post of Network Cloud Architect.
The successful candidate will be required to assist in ensuring that the IT cloud architecture/infrastructure is aligned to the Bank’s cloud security policies and operating processes, procedures and technology standards. Design, deploy, and migrate systems for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS environments. Lead the identification, evaluation and selection of appropriate cloud services suitable to fit into the current infrastructure architecture.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to management and the MIS team
- Developing and managing an IT cloud infrastructure capacity plan
- Developing, documenting, communicating, and enforcing a cloud technology standards policy in alignment with the Bank's policy and standards framework
- Conducting research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommending technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility
- Developing, documenting, making recommendations, and communicating plans for investing in IT cloud infrastructure, including analysing cost reduction opportunities
- Designing, developing, and overseeing implementation of end-to-end IT cloud integrated systems
- Developing and executing test plans to check IT cloud infrastructure and systems technical performance. Reporting on findings and making recommendations for improvement
- Co-ordinating with various vendors on evaluation of cloud technologies
- Collaborating with the System Administration team to manage and monitor overall infrastructure architecture and providing technical training and knowledge transfer
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related field with a minimum of five (5) years of IT or related field work experience, including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management, and infrastructure planning and operations
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related field with a minimum of seven (7) years of IT or related field work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management, and infrastructure planning and operations
- Certification in one of the major cloud computing environments, such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud preferred and seen as an asset
- Certification in CCSK - Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge or CCSP - Certified Cloud Security Professional seen as an asset
- Experience in management, deployment and maintenance of cloud infrastructure, effectively managing vendors and working in cross functional teams will all be assets
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Proven leadership and project management ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to make presentations
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of one or more cloud environments, such as Azure Cloud, Google Cloud, or AWS EC2
- Experience in implementing enterprise application using platform services like azure websites, Azure SQL
- Experience in computer scripting languages like Python, Ruby, and Elixir
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC
- Knowledge in current computing trends and technologies
- Hands-on experience with core LAN/WAN network technologies.
- Ability to design and implement cloud infrastructure, platforms, and applications
- Good understanding of Azure Infrastructure services and their limitations
- Experience in configuring and monitoring different attributes and handling scale up and scale down scenarios for the application in Azure
- Application monitoring through operations insight, application insight
- Knowledge of best practices around provisioning production and non-production environments on Azure to optimize the usage
- Good understanding in implementation of advanced security, authentication and single sign on across cloud and on premise
- Strong understanding of the advantages and limitations of Azure Active Directory
- Strong experience in Azure platform Services, understanding of their capabilities and limitations and being able to architect and deliver solutions leveraging various platform services
- Demonstrated responsibility for continuing development of skills, for knowledge and information management in the context of work
Salary and benefits, including Group Life Insurance, Group Medical Insurance and Pension will be in accordance with the Bank’s policy.
Deadline for Submission of Applications
Interested persons should submit their job application and curriculum vitae to the Director, Human Resources, Central Bank of Barbados by email at email@example.com, no later than January 26, 2023.
Please be advised that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.