||Central Bank Of Barbados
Created 09 Feb, 2018
The Central Bank of Barbados is seeking to fill the vacant post of Chief Maintenance Officer within its Facilities Management Department.
The successful candidate will be required to define, establish and maintain maintenance standards and energy management that will ensure operational efficiency of all support systems on the Bank’s properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Among the duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the maintenance of facility systems, including electrical, electronic, mechanical, A/C and chemical systems on the Bank’s properties.
- Develop, plan, implement and analyse systems and projects necessary to guarantee an effective preventative maintenance and energy management program.
- Develop and implement monitoring programs and systems for major equipment and analyse results for corrective action when necessary.
- Plan, coordinate, direct and manage the activities of staff and contractors to ensure that services are properly executed.
- Develop and monitor annual budgets for the maintenance section.
- Coordinate the supply of inventory and equipment and verify invoices received from contractors and other service providers.
- Review the performance of reporting staff.
- Liaise with local and overseas consultants for the supply of services and the development of solutions for technical system problems.
- Assist with the development of safety policies and procedures for the Bank’s properties.
The minimum requirements for the position are:
- City and Guilds Part I and Part 2 or equivalent in two (2) of the following: in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical/Civil Engineering
- A degree in Business Administration, Project Management or Facilities Management or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in multi-discipline facilities’ maintenance.
- A degree in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical/Civil Engineering with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in multi-discipline facilities’ maintenance.
- Qualifications in Business Administration, Project Management or Facilities Management or equivalent would be an asset.
- Formal training in Supervisory Management.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Availability to work unusual hours.
- The successful candidate must have:
- Sound Emotional Intelligence
- Knowledge of the handling and storage of dangerous chemicals
- Knowledge of applicable laws, policies and principles
- Strong supervisory skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Good written and oral communications skills
Salary and benefits, including Group Life Insurance and Group Medical Insurance, will be in accordance with the Bank’s policy.
Deadline for Submission of Applications
Interested persons should submit their Job Application and Curriculum Vitae to the Director, Human Resources Department, Central Bank of Barbados, P.O. Box 1016, Bridgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 23, 2018.
Please be advised that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.
Job Opportunity - Chief Maintenance Officer.pdf