||Central Bank Of Barbados
Created 29 Jan, 2023
The Central Bank of Barbados is seeking to fill vacant posts of Examiner, Bank Supervision Department.
The successful candidate will be required to appraise the safety and soundness of financial institutions and monitor their activities to ensure adherence to banking regulations, prudential and other statutory requirements; as well as conduct research on emerging banking, supervisory and regulatory issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Monitoring and analysing the financial performance of financial institutions regulated by the Bank
- Assessing risk areas and governance of financial institutions through on-site and off-site examinations, reviewing of documentation, reports, and systems, and making recommendations for improvement of deficiencies identified
- Processing new licence and other applications for compliance with legislation and prudential requirements
- Preparing examination reports and following up on implementation of action plans by the licensees to rectify deficiencies noted by examiners
- Researching emerging financial issues, primarily on banking, supervisory, and regulatory issues
- An Honours Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Economics or Banking
- Completed an advanced stage of a professional qualification in Banking, Accounting or a related discipline and at least two (2) years' experience in a financial environment
- Formal training in Supervisory Management
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in spreadsheet analysis, database management and word processing applications
- Proven leadership skills
Salary and benefits, including group life insurance, group medical insurance, and pension will be in accordance with the Bank’s policy.
Deadline for Submission of Applications
Interested persons should submit their job application and curriculum vitae to the Director, Human Resources department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 11, 2023.
Please be advised that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.