Current Focus and Initiatives
A necessary foundation of research is data and so in addition to identifying available research information and highlighting any perceived gaps, at this embryonic stage of the life of the Working Group, a key desire is to get a clear understanding of the data available among the members and to identify any discrepancies. The current focus is therefore on clarity, consistency, transparency and depth of data coverage.
- Comparison of demographics of those registered with BTA and BHTA members
- Exploration of further information available on Occupancy Rate statistics
- Examination of varying standards of categorisation and classification
- Quarterly Survey of BHTA members
- The Impact of The Olympics, Elections, and Other Similar Events on Arrival Levels in Barbados
- Behavioural Patterns of Visitors to Barbados as it Relates to Villa Accommodation
- The Development and Outlook of the Cruise Industry in Barbados
TWG shared updates of its activities for 2012 at the BHTA Quarterly Briefing on December 12 2012.