||Central Bank Of Barbados
The Central Bank of Barbados is seeking to fill a post of Senior Auditor II, Internal Audit Department.
The successful candidate will be required to perform and supervise audits of the Central Bank's systems and processes and perform quality assurance work to assist the Director in providing assurance to the Audit Committee, Board of Directors and Senior Management on the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes in the Bank.
The duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assisting the Director in the performance of an annual enterprise risk assessment and in the development of the annual audit plan
- Planning and performing audits
- Reviewing audit plans prepared by Senior Auditors and auditing work performed, including preparation of the audit report
- Supervising audit work, conducting progress meetings with Senior Auditors and communicating with audit clients, to complete audits effectively and efficiently.
- Performing audit work in conformance with the international standards for the professional practice of internal auditing, and policies and procedures of the department.
- Performing quality assurance work required as part of the quality assurance improvement programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Banking, Business Management, Economics, or IT
- A professional qualification in Accounting or Banking or a related discipline
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification with at least five (5) years’ experience in an auditing environment
Possession of the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent information systems auditing qualification would be an asset
The successful candidate must have:
- Proficiency in applying internal audit standards and International Financial Reporting Standards
- A good understanding and application of management principles
- Innovative thinking, effective analytical, problem solving, good oral and written communication skills
- A sound knowledge of information systems, concepts and practices
- Proficiency in electronic working papers software, data analysis software, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, supervisory and time management skills
- The ability to comprehend and interpret financial data, policies, procedures, guidelines, laws and regulations
- Demonstrated high standards of professional conduct and ethics
Salary and benefits, including Group Life Insurance, Group Medical Insurance and Pension, will be in accordance with the Bank’s policies.
Interested persons should submit their job application and curriculum vitae to the Director, Human Resources Department, Central Bank of Barbados, P.O. Box 1016, Bridgetown or email email@example.com no later than May 8, 2020.
Please be advised that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.