CCMF SEEKS NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The CCMF is looking for a dynamic economist or finance specialist with a graduate degree and research or policy experience to become its new Executive Director. The Executive Director heads a small team of dedicated professionals and contractors, who provide policy and information services to Caribbean central banks, financial institutions and regional businesses. The Centre’s work is assisted by a distinguished group of research associates. The Centre publishes the Caribbean Economic Performance Report, the Journal of Business Finance and Economics in Emerging Economies (JBF3E), occasional monographs and collected papers volumes, as well as a range of financial and macroeconomic statistics. Its publications are all available online, at www.ccmf-uwi.org .
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- To lead the development of a policy research agenda for the Centre
- To secure its financial resources
- To implement the work programme and upgrade services to the domestic, regional and international community.
Key Knowledge and Experience:
- Post-graduate degree in Economics
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at a senior management level
- Working knowledge of, or training in, management, finance or accounting would be an asset
- Sound leadership and management capabilities
- Possession of effective human resource management skills
- Sound record of publications and evidence of continuing research on topics related to economics and finance
Anyone interested should contact Dr. DeLisle Worrell, Governor of the Central Bank of Barbados and Chair of the Executive Committee of CCMF, at (246) 436 6870 or email Arlette.King@centralbank.org.bb. They may also contact Kathleen Charles at (868) 645 1174 or Kathleen.Charles@sta.uwi.edu or write to the CCMF at:
Caribbean Centre for Money and Finance
The University of the West Indies
St. Augustine Campus
Trinidad and Tobago, W.I
The deadline for applications is April 30th 2011. The new Executive Director should assume office as soon afterwards as is practical.