||Central Bank Of Barbados
CENTRAL BANK OF BARBADOS
CAREER OPPORTUNITY CHIEF ECONOMIST
RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC ANALYSIS DEPARTMENT
The Central Bank of Barbados is seeking to fill a vacant post of Chief Economist, Research and Economic Analysis Department.
To provide operational, technical and administrative support in the formulation and management of economic policy documents and to co-ordinate the economic research activities of the Department.
KEY PERFORMANCE RESULTS
The duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Supervising the preparation of all external requests for macroeconomic support.
- Assisting with the co-ordination of the economic research programme of the Department.
- Participating in active research on general economic issues affecting Barbados and Caribbean economies.
- Assisting with the professional development of the Economists, by providing guidance and technical advice.
- Assisting with the co-ordination of the various training programmes of the Department, formulating possible research topics and helping to supervise interns.
- Assisting with developing the processes and procedures that guide the operation of the Bank’s macroeconomic and financial programming models as well as the Quarterly Economic Outlook.
- Co-ordinating the Department’s public outreach programme.
- A post-graduate Degree in Economics or a related discipline and at least five (5) years’ experience in an economic environment.
- Strong publication record.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets and econometric and statistical applications.
The successful candidate must have:
- Sound Emotional Intelligence.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
Salary and benefits, including Group Life Insurance, Group Medical Insurance and Pension will be in accordance with the Bank’s policy.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested persons should submit their Job Application and Curriculum Vitae to the Director, Human Resources Department, no later than April 11, 2011.