||Central Bank Of Barbados
The Central Bank of Barbados is seeking to fill a vacant post of Technician II within its Facilities Management Department.
The successful candidate will be required to coordinate and execute preventative maintenance and repair of facility systems as well as assist with the coordination of projects and the supervision of external contractors.
- KEY PERFORMANCE RESULTS
The duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Planning, organizing and carrying out corrective maintenance on advance technological systems.
- Supervising the activities of the Maintenance Technicians I and Maintenance Assistants as required.
- Coordinating the maintenance of electrical, electronic, mechanical, A/C and chemical systems.
- Assisting with the development of preventative maintenance checklists and monitoring programmes.
- Carrying out advance troubleshooting on equipment and facility problems, effecting repairs as necessary and documenting and submitting reports on all such activities.
- Analysing water treatment systems and adjusting as necessary.
- Analysing logs and monitoring all systems and provides reports.
- Performing equipment modification to improve reliability and performance.
The minimum requirements for the position are:
- The City and Guilds Certificate, Parts 1 and 2 in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical Engineering/ Refrigeration & Air-conditioning or equivalent.
- Five (5) years’ experience as an electrician/electronics or air-condition/refrigeration mechanical technician.
- Proficiency in wordprocessing, database and spreadsheet applications.
The successful candidate must have:
- Sound Emotional Intelligence.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Willingness to handle dangerous chemicals.
- Willingness to carry out work at above normal heights.
- Knowledge of the uses of mechanical tools and equipment.
Salary and benefits, including Group Life Insurance, Group Medical Insurance and Pension will be in accordance with the Bank’s policy.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested persons should submit their Job Application and Curriculum Vitae to the Director, Human Resources Department, Tom Adams Financial Centre, P.O. Box 1016, Spry Street, Bridgetown BB11126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 25, 2017.
Please be advised that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.
Human Resources Department
Career Opportunity - Technician II.pdf