||Central Bank Of Barbados
The Central Bank of Barbados is seeking to fill a vacant post of Senior Economist within its Research & Economic Analysis Department.
The successful candidate will be required to conduct research and analyse economic information pertaining to the Barbados economy and assist senior officers in the preparation of policy documents.
Key Performance Results
Among the duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Make quarterly projections of key indicators on assigned sector(s) as input into the Bank’s Quarterly Economic Outlook.
- Monitor, analyse and interpret economic and statistical data on assigned sectors of the economy.
- Contribute to the development of economic policy formulation through general research on issues affecting Barbados and other Caribbean economies.
- Assist in the preparation of the Bank’s publications and reports for internal and external distribution.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Bank’s econometric, financial programming and other models.
- Provide guidance to colleagues, initiate projects, lead project teams, and suggest new strategy.
- Maintain technical and professional competence by participating and making presentations in domestic, regional and international conferences and forums.
- A Master’s Degree in Economics with at least three (3) years’ practical experience in economic research.
- Proficiency in database, spreadsheet and word processing applications.
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Sound judgement and decision making ability.
Salary and benefits, including Group Life Insurance and Group Medical Insurance, will be in accordance with the Bank’s policy.
Deadline For Submission Of Applications
Interested persons should submit their Job Application and Curriculum Vitae to the Director, Human Resources Department, Central Bank of Barbados, P.O. Box 1016, Bridgetown or email email@example.com no later than August 2, 2018.
Please be advised that only suitable applications will be acknowledged